Sunday, November 6, 2011

Speed Burger Strasbourg Review


Now that Speed Burger has a joint in Strasbourg, I had to try it out. I can't believe they opened shop two weeks ago and I didn't know! So, here comes my relatively late review.

First of all, you need to know that Speed Burger has many locations in France and specializes in home deliveries, an unexplained rarity in France and particularly in Strasbourg. Doesn't it feel great to know you can pick up the phone and just order a burger that will be delivered to your home in less than thirty minutes?

So, how was the service and food?


Speed Burger has a rather cumbersome website where getting around isn't intuitive and ordering is complicated. I wanted to place my order online but as I realized that ordering fries wasn't possible, I ended up giving them a call. Ordering was a bit slow but overall ok. I asked if they accepted American Express cards and, to my surprise, I was told that they did which unfortunately ended up not being true. I liked the fact that I received an email thirty seconds after my call with full details and confirmation of my order. I was, subsequently, sent a second email fifteen minutes later when the delivery guy left their store. I was delivered twenty minutes after my call which, I thought, was great! And the food was still hot when it arrived.

Now, what about the food?

I would say that their burgers are good, nothing extraordinary but a solid good. I don't like the fact that they don't use crispy bacon but their sauces are ok. Most importantly, their cheddar is good and their menu is quite extensive with simple, double & triple burgers, fish burgers, hash browns, fries, chicken nuggets, cheese nuggets etc. There is a "Big Mac" feel and taste to their burgers which I can't decide if it's a good or bad thing!

On the downside, I think they are very expensive as a custom built double burger with two beef patties, two slices of cheddar, lettuce, tomato, bacon, onion and mayonnaise cost me €11.8 without any fries or drinks. In addition, there was a mistake in the composition of my custom burger as I had ordered one slice of bacon and two of cheddar but it came with two slices of bacon and only one of cheddar.

All in all, I can say that I was not overwhelmed but will probably order again in the future. I would give them a rating of 6 out of 10. They definitely are the best burger home delivery option here in Strasbourg. Lylou's Cook is the only other option but I wouldn't recommend them.  The best burger in Strasbourg is still to be had at 231 East St. but they, unfortunately, don't deliver.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merci