Thursday, August 23, 2012

Summer 2012 Burger Awards

Following up on last year's Burger Awards, here is this summer's list of the best Burgers I've had.


Starting with this beautiful Bacon & Cheddar Burger with Jalapenos and Red Onion from Bill's Bar and  Burger in New York: I loved the generous amount of Jalapenos as well as the overall texture and taste of this one!




Bacon cheeseburger at The Corner Bistro: Although this burger was good, I must admit it didn't live up to the hype of being The best burger in New York City. I, later, learned that the chef that used to prepare this rumored excellent burger doesn't work at The Corner Bistro anymore which might explain my relatively disappointing experience:






Chargrilled Burger with Shoelace Fries at The Spotted Pig: this is also what many people claim to be one of the best Burgers in New York City. Considering that I don't like Burgers that stray away from the classic recipe, I can say that I was unexpectedly pleased with what I would call a "French Burger". The buns were amazingly soft and the beef as tender as you can imagine. The shoelace fries aren't practical to eat but they are excellent.


Cheeseburger at Burger Joint: unexpectedly located behind a red curtain in the lobby of the Parker Meridien Hotel in New York City, this very classic & greasy burger joint does not disappoint with its classic cheeseburger. The line in the lobby at lunch time just tells it all. Count a good 30 minutes if you want to grab a Burger to go. Count even more if you expect to sit in this small establishment. My only regret is that they don't have bacon!



After New York, let's move south to South Beach, Miami! Below are Barton G.'s Kobe Beef sliders with foie gras, truffles: once again there are not classic Burgers but they absolutely deserve to be on this list for their juiciness and taste!



Cheeseburger Baby in Miami has delicious Burgers that are really worth a visit. Classic Burgers with the works. They're juicy, fat and tasty.


Shake Shack remains one of the best burger joints on the East Coast and I just love their 100% all natural Angus beef Burgers. This is a must go!


And finally, last but not least: Five Guys. I must confess that I like Five Guys better than last year and that I may find their Burgers better than Shake Shack's. I'm still confused as to which one is the best Burger. An added plus at Five Guys' is that you get free peanuts!


No comments: